Friday 7 October 2011

Not Really Marine Equipment, But Useful on a Small Sailboat Post #2

Shower Radio

This little battery operated portable AM/FM radio was purchased years ago at a local drug store for $15.  I enjoy listening to the radio and I thought that a radio designed to operate in the shower would be more likely to stand the rigors of a life a sea (so to speak).  When they were youngsters my boys would get a kick out of hanging out in the cabin and listening to music and so it was left on board and eventually lost in a bin for years.  Whilst on a recent outing I finally made time to tidy things up below and rediscovered the radio.  I cleaned off the surface mildew and was surprised to find it still worked.  Hanging it on the boom allowed me to enjoy local CBC talk radio while puttering away on Bluster in a pretty anchorage - smugly enjoying the rush hour traffic reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment