Wednesday 15 August 2012

Lock Down

This past weekend I intended to take Bluster out for a little sail but other things came up so instead I used a little of my free time to address some mods and maintenance issues.  I guess it is the boat builder in me but I really enjoy puttering and fussing on and around my boat.  Almost as much as sailing - a sentiment I have heard from other builders too.

A couple of years ago I purchased a lock set to enable me to secure the Bluster's cabin.  Today I finally got around to it.  Fairly straight forward jot that involved drilling a 3/4" hole in the top drop board, inserting and bolting up the lock set then attaching a cleat on the underside of the hatch.


Lock set 

Lock set intalled

Inside - unlocked
 
Inside - locked

The finished job looks good and works well.  It would not deter a determined thief but may reduce the chances of 'crimes of opportunity'. 

Now, where did I put the key?

No comments:

Post a Comment